- B.A. (Economics) – University of Calgary, 1998
- B.A. (Political Science) – University of Calgary, 1998
- LL.B. – University of Ottawa, 2001
- Life License Qualification Program (Insurance Licensing Exam) – 2007
- Canadian Securities Course – 2008
- Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners
- Canadian Bar Association – Charity and Not for Profit Law Section (Executive Member)
- Ontario Bar Association – Charity and Not for Profit Law Section (Executive Member)
- Canadian Tax Foundation
CALL TO THE BAR
- Call to the Bar of Ontario – 2002
- Call to the Bar of Alberta – 2010
He can also be reached at any of the following numbers at extension 12:
If Adam is unavailable at the time of your call, please try his assistant Erin at email@example.com, or by dialing extension 16.
NAMED IN THE CANADIAN LEGAL LEXPERT® DIRECTORY*
Adam Aptowitzer has practiced law with a specific focus on tax law since 2001. He is a member of both the bars of Alberta and Ontario and has been writing and speaking on the topic of tax law for several years. Among other publications, he has been a frequent contributor to the Canadian Taxpayer and has authored two papers on tax matters for the C.D. Howe Institute.
Adam has appeared several times before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and was lead counsel before the Supreme Court of Canada.
In 2012 Adam was named the Heather McArthur Memorial Young Lawyer Award winner by the Ontario Bar Association recognizing his contributions to legal education and law reform. He was also named to the Top 40 Under 40 by the Ottawa Business Journal and Ottawa Chamber of Commerce.